Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What Have I Been Watching?

Yu Yu Hakusho - Anime Cartoon. Yuske the Spirit Detective has to battle the forces of evil to protect earth form the encroaching demon world. This was tough to get into for like the first 10 or so episodes, but as the show goes on it gets better. Who can pass up a "Knife Edge Death Match"?! My opinion of this show. Entertaining, but cheesy. it gets an Okay on my rating chart.
 
The Incredible Hulk - This movie was pretty good. John says it was much better then the last Hulk movie of this decade. I don't remember anything about the last movie so I'll just have to take his word for it. :) None-the-less, this movie was entertaining enough. Big green guy saves world from big yellow guy and girl gets left behind. I'd recommend this for Super Hero fans. Oh and in case you missed it, Tony Stark was in the end of the movie to help link all the current super hero movies together leading up to The Avenger's movie that will be coming out in 2011. That should be fun. My rating: Okay.
 
Get Smart - This movie was great. First of all, I LOVED the old TV show that I would stay up late and watch on the little B&W TV in my bedroom as a kid. I love Maxwell Smart and his silly catch phrase of "Would you believe..." I was excited to see this movie, but not so excited for Steve Corell not to sure I like him, but this movie did not let me down. It was laugh out loud funny in parts and who knew that 23 was going to be the bad guy!? I sure didn't until John pointed that out not even half way through the movie .. Thanks honey. Anyway, I really enjoyed it and was not disappointed. Don Adams couldn't have done a better job himself. My Rating: Great.
 
However... almost better then the movies were the previews that came with them:
 
Hellboy II: The Golden Army - This was defiantly mad by the same people that made Pan's Labyrinth. It looks like they even re-used some of the puppets from that other movie too, but all in all it looks Awesome. I am quite fond of Hellboy.
 
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - After seeing a preview for this movie I'm a little more excited for this.... I do think that Brendan Fraser's jokes can be over done and raising a mummy from the dead is a little cliché. But all in all the trailer looked good and I'll end up seeing the movie anyway.
 
The X-Files: I Want to Believe - This got me so excited! I was so happy to see Mulder and Skully together again I was literally bouncing in my seat. I can't wait for this movie to come out! Woo Hoo!
 
Star Wars: Clone Wars - This was also an awesome trailer. I'm excited for this movie, but I'm sad that there is no Ewan McGregor to voice Obi-Wan Kenobi. That will make it terribly dreadful to sit through... sigh.... but I'll watch it, and I'll like it, because after all it is Star Wars!
 
 
 

No comments: