Tuesday, June 3, 2008

News and Observations

News:
 
NKOTB + SLC = November 12, 2008   Tickets go on sale 6/9 @ 10:00am
 
 
Observations:
 
# 1
The Special Edition of "Eclipse" came out on Saturday with the sneak peek first chapter of "Breaking Dawn". I pre-ordered the special edition book because I only owned Twilight and so I got mine in the mail yesterday and of course read the chapter and put the book on the shelf with the rest of my collection of books I have bought but haven't read yet. Then yesterday afternoon we went to Barnes and Noble to find my dad a birthday present and .... as I walked through the store there were teenage girls everywhere with a copy of Eclipse in their hands reading the first chapter of Breaking Dawn. And where there wasn't a teenage girl there were copies of Eclipse sporadically placed throughout the store where some other girl had set it down after she'd (or he just to be fair) read the preview chapter. I laughed.
 
Over the weekend the silly teenage girl we were taking care of checked stepheniemeyer.com and squealed that high pitched teenage squeal at the news of a preview of chapter one that was on the internet. Oh! My poor ears! and I had to wonder ...  was I ever that obsessed with something other then Star Wars? and I don't think a girly squeal ever passed my lips about anything. I don't recall ever being THAT kind of a teenage girl.
 
#2
It's time to retire my Red Doc Martin shoes ... I think they have come to the end of the line
 

No comments: