Thursday, February 21, 2008

Did you feel that?

There was an earthquake this morning.
Did you feel it? 6.3 in Wells, NV.

I was sitting here at my desk pretending to work when I suddenly felt shaking. I felt like my chair was moving and the mirror on the wall of my cubie was shaking. While the shaking was going on I kinda looked around thinking is that me or is the building really shaking? No one around me said anything so I really did think it was just me feeling lightheaded and a little disoriented. I have been feeling sick lately and once in a while I get the shakes or kinda light headed so I thought that maybe it was just me so I didn't ask if anyone else felt it. I just continued on without thinking to much of it. About 15 minutes later someone said there was an earthquake and I was so relieved that it wasn't just me. Nice to know that I'm not crazy.

I got online and checked the news and the USGS http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/us2008nsa9.php and yes, there was indeed an earthquake.

One of the posters on the KSL website had this to say about the earthquake, and I thought it was an ingenious idea so I shall share it with the rest of you:

"My theory on all of this is that the mix of the inversion and the lunar eclipse caused many tidal waves but since utah doesn't have waves it started using the outer crust of the earth mixing with the atmosphere. We need to all be environmentally friendly because we are causing all these earthquakes, especially since the US is one of the most OBESE countries, that is causing a lot of pressure on our continent. Methane gas also comes out of those people and that is also affecting our ozone layer and is increasing global warming because once it reaches the sun the chemicals interact and make it a more powerful sun, that gives off more rays and ultra violet lights, this makes us all have cancer.. skin cancer specifically, but then again it could probably be liver cancer too!! As i sit here and eat my muffin with hot chocolate i cant help to wonder what this world will be like in 5 years when the earthquakes engulf our souls. my co-workers are all blind and need glasses, that is another sign that these tornados are putting bad stuff in our eyes, i think it is also the content included on tv..."


the picture below shows all the locations that reported feeling the earthquake -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading the comments on ksl. that one is classic!