Wednesday, April 27, 2011

You died in 1989, wanna get back to that morning...

This weeks music selection is LudoThis is the second Ludo album featured on my blog. Yeah, I kind of love them. If you haven't checked them out yet I suggest you do. Who knows you may love them as much as I do.

 

    Broken Bride
              Ludo
 

Part I: Broken Bride

Save Our City

Part Ii: Tonight's The Night

Part Iii: The Lamb And The Dragon

Part Iv: Morning In May

 

Release Date: 09/27/2005

 

I love me a good rock opera. This single by Ludo is a great example of telling a story through music.

I don't really know when it was that I started loving rock operas, but for some reason they just fascinate me.

According to Tim Convy, keyboardist for Ludo: “It tells the story of a man’s wife dying, it destroying his life and leaving him feeling isolated, and him doing everything in his power to get her back.

It's tender. It's a little heart breaking. It's full of emotion and adventure, and huge imagery. Time travel, dinosaurs, zombies, the end of time, dragons, the four horsemen... it's a vast story that you can't quite absorb by only listening to it once. I have heard it a thousand times and I still catch new bits that I may not have heard before.

No comments: