Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stomp your feet and clap your hands

I have only owned this album for a short time, but I dare say that I LOVE IT.
 
           Vices & Virtue
        Panic! at the Disco
(Digital Deluxe Album from iTunes)
 
The Ballad of Mona Lisa
Let’s Kill Tonight
Hurricane
Memories
Trade Mistakes
Ready to Go (Get Me Out of My Mind)
Always
The Calendar
Sarah Smiles
Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met…)
 
Bonus Tracks:
Oh, Glory (Demo)
Stall Me
The Ballad of Mona Lisa Music Video
 
This album was released 3/22/2011 so it is pretty new. We were first introduced to this fun little group (or so I thought) by the iTunes download of the single: The Ballad of Mona Lisa. I loved the song. It's up beat and catchy and just a little bizarre. John was perusing iTunes one night and came across the music video for Mona Lisa and was intrigued enough to say to me that I'd like this band. He was right. Turns out that Mona Lisa isn't the first time I'd heard their music. There is a song on the Jennifer's Body soundtrack by Panic! at the Disco. One I had liked before, but didn't look much further into the band. I think John picking out the video for them was my go ahead to look more seriously at the band and the music that I would probably like... The music video for The Ballad of Mona Lisa is quite bizarre. It is a bit steampunk and confusing, but I love the weirdness of it.
 
What songs on this album do I love the most:
The Ballad of Mona Lisa
Let's Kill Tonight
Memories
Sara Smiles - This one gets stuck in my head frequently.
Oh, Glory (Demo)
 
After looking just a little more, it looks like there are 2 more Panic! at the Disco albums out there I'll have to look into.
 
Other bands that Panic! at the Disco remind me of:
Neon Trees
Paramore
Secondhand Serenade
The Beautiful South

No comments: