Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Remember, Remember the 5th of September ....

Okay, it's really only the 1st of September, but it was the only September quote I could come up with off the top of my head.

Well... it is September after all and this month is already looking like it'll be full of super fun. (That statement is both sarcastic and not sarcastic at the same time.)

 

Are you ready?? Here we go::

 

September 1st… This happens to be my Nephew Nicolas' 10th birthday.

Today is the official start of Halloween Movie Month that will run from now until October 31st. (Yes, we know that that is really spanning two months, but we like it this way.)

We're starting out our movie extravaganza tonight with ... 

°         Dracula (1979) - This movie came out the year I was born, (and I know only good things came out of 1979.) The reviews we read about it didn't sound so bad, so we're looking forward to seeing what we get. I'll let you know how that goes.

If anyone has any movie suggestions we're always glad to hear them.

 

SIDE NOTE: We have a ton of movies at home to watch and our Blockbuster Queue is full of horror movies as well. We have cartoon Halloween specials and claymation Halloween specials and all sorts of fun. We even have The Muppet show Halloween Special - and any episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer can fill in any gaps. Earlier this year I bought us a collection of old movies called 50 Horror Classics that I can't wait to bust out. The nest two months is going to be spectacular! If anyone wants to come over for movie night just let us know, we'll make some room on the couch for you.

 

September 4th we are going to a Raptors baseball game in Ogden with the Evans'. It will be the Ogden Raptors vs. the Casper Ghosts. (My brother-in-law Scott pointed out to me that it is not a battle between real raptors and real ghosts. It's just a bunch of guys playing baseball … I was very disappointed.) It should be a fun night with the family.

 

September 5th happens to be Not-Your-Sister's birthday. Lets keep our fingers crossed that her baby comes that day as well.

 

September 7th Not-Your-Sister's baby is due. Lovingly called Rake Rotten for quite a while he'll be named Ryan when he comes out. (Or at least that's what I was told.)

 

September 9th The Vampire Diaries Season to Starts on the CW … However it is still on Thursday nights – this may cause some conflict come September 23rd.

 

September 16th is the 3 year anniversary of Robert Jordan's death. (the next book comes out Nov. 2nd!!)

 

September 19th is TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY! Yes, this is my favorite holiday of the year it comes before Halloween, my birthday and Christmas. It is on a Sunday this year so it's a whole Pirate weekend. Make sure you have some Pirate-y fun that day.

September 19th is also the 4 year anniversary of Lariann's tumor.

 

September 23rd The Big Bang Theory moves to Thursdays and the New season begins.

 

September 24th is my adorable niece Natalie's birthday. She'll be two. I can't believe she's that old, but when you lose a whole year everything seems odd to you.

 

September 26th will be the 5 year anniversary of my cousin Ryan's death.

 

So that's September so far as it is already planned out for me. I'm sure there will be lots of other stuff going on. Right now I'm just looking forward to the cooler weather, homemade stew, sweaters, wool socks and the trees changing color. (Although a lot of that doesn't really kick in until next month.) It's also coming up to football season where we'll spend exuberant amounts of time watching football with the Evans'… maybe I'll be a sports fan someday … Naw, I hate sports so that will never happen. I can pretty much guarantee it.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy September to you! And while you are not a fan, Happy Football!

Gretchen said...

I am glad to know I am not the only one who looks forward to getting out their sweaters. Do you own Buffy? I gave Buffy and Angel if you need a season. I also have the movie.