Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Movie Month Weeks 3 & 4


Let's see... these last few weeks seem to have passes in a blur. Let's see what I can remember watching.
Angel: Season 1: Disc 1 - City Of …, Lonely Hearts, In the Dark, I Fall to Pieces - When Angel was originally on TV I didn't watch the first few seasons. I was too busy with boys, life, my mission, getting married... blah blah blah... but once I settled down into married life, John and I watched the end of the series together, and we loved it. Going back to the first season is a treat for us. I missed out on a lot of the beginnings of Angel where John had a little sister who was obsessed with David Boreanaz so he has seen most of these before. Joss Whedon is a vampiric genius. One reason why Angel is so great is because it explores the world of demons, and not just vampires. I'm looking forward to certain people joining the cast. I can't wait for Loren to join the group, and Fred, and Wesley. I don't know how long I have to wait for them, but the anticipation is part of the fun. Not scary, not Halloween-y, but it has demons and vampires so it fits the Halloween Movie Month mold.
Wolfen (1981) - This movie was so stupid. It took FOREVER to get into any sort of plot and it failed to ever get interesting. It was lame in the truest sense of the word. John and I watched about an hour of the move before we just gave up on it. In the end john just started skipping chapters to a) see how much further we had to go. And b) just to get to the end. Well, in the end it turned out just how we thought it would, but it took forever to get to the point. all in all we were completely underwhelmed. This is not a movie that we would recommend to others... (in fact, I'd have rather just watched Soylant Green again, and that's saying a lot because that one just sucks your life away- suck, suck, suck.)
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995) - Oh my! This movie was so dumb and cheesy. Just like all the Tales from the Crypt TV episodes I had seen as a youth. Demons are chasing a guy and he has to survive the night and keep an item out of the demons possession. Lots of blood, lots of cheese. The only person I liked in this movie was the bad guy. Beware this movie has lots of naked girls. If that doesn't bother you, and you just want a cheesy movie to watch to waste time this one wasn't terrible... and yet, at the same time, it was.
That's it for the Halloween fun for the last two weeks. We have just not had the "umph" to watch too many movies the last little while, after all, it's been TV premiere week. Here are some other things we have had on our TV that we have enjoyed:
The Prince of Persia - I loved this. For the most part, it really seemed like just a live version of Disney's Aladdin, but that's okay. I have loved playing the Prince of Persia video games on my GameCube, so there was no way I'd not eventually watch this movie. It was full of action and plot. I enjoyed pretty much all of it. I think I may have to purchase it for my own collection.
The Big Bang Theory: Season 2: Disc 1 - We laugh so hard when we watch this show. Unbelievably funny. We love it.
TV Shows that premièred this week that we like to watch:
Monday:

How I Met Your Mother
Castle
Chuck

Thursday:
The Big Bang Theory
CSI
The Mentalist
The Office
30 Rock

and of course there is my other Thursday favorite that premièred a few weeks ago:
The Vampire Diaries
Now, granted, we don't watch these shows every week, nor are we so obsessive about them that we can't do anything else during that time slot, but we do enjoy watching them when we can catch them.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Great blog. I haven't yet seen The Prince of Persia but I'm putting it on my list. Thanks for the recommendation. We also enjoy CSI, The Mentalist, and love Castle. Just came across an interesting documentary you might like called "Something Unknown". It's a documentary that features celebrities and leading experts as they reveal insights into the world of the unseen and offer scientific evidence behind psychic phenomena.