Friday, September 24, 2010

This is how I buy the sun... and it feeds me

I've been too busy to blog this week, but I decided that I would get the CD of the week up. You should all be very proud of me for making the effort.
 
    Firecracker
           Lisa Loeb
  1. I Do
  2. Falling In Love
  3. Truthfully
  4. Let's Forget About It
  5. How
  6. Furious Rose
  7. Wishing Heart
  8. Dance With The Angels
  9. Jake
  10. This
  11. Split Second
  12. Firecracker

Okay, I'm just a sucker for Lisa Loeb. I love everything about this woman. Her hair, her glasses, her smile... but most of all I love her music. She is totally cute and I have a slight girl crush on her... which is weird since for the most part she reminds me of my sister Jessica.

Firecracker was released on November 11, 1997, that's the year I graduated from High School. What was I doing in November 1997?? …. I have no idea. Working at ZCMI and killing time, enjoying the fact that I never had to go to school again… but what else? Probably listening to music.

 

NOTE: I think I stated on one of these music reviews that I didn't really grow into my love of music until I was much older and had a car and the freedom to listen to whatever I wanted, and the money to buy it. Well, Lisa Loeb was among those first loves of music.

TANGENT: Jessica and I used to listen to the Lisa Loeb CD Tails all the time while going to sleep at night (on our Sony stereo/boom box with the dual tape decks and single disk CD player that sat between our beds.) There was a long time with that CD that I never heard anything beyond the first four songs on the CD.

 

So many songs on this CD are great. I don't think there are any songs on this album that I don't like listening to, but here are my top 5 on this disc:

 

Dance With The Angels -- "But you want to fall, Fashionably in love with a woman, In love with a life you'll adore, In love with a woman you'll adore."

I Do -- "I will be ignored and I will be denied, And I could be erased, I could be brushed aside, And I will get scared and I will get shoved down, But I feel like I do because you push me around."

Furious Rose -- "Bring me wild plums, wild plums and acrimony, I bet you don't even know what that means."

Jake -- "Going as far as I can go, Away from here, Away from you Jake, And the hole you've sunk me into."

This --  I love the acapella opening to this song; "In an open room that echoes well this is where I can tell you everything... Ba da da..."

 

I find it terribly hard to listen to Lisa Loeb music at work because I just want to sing along. I have loved all of her music, new and old.

No comments: