Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Linger - by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)
            Linger
        by Maggie Stiefvater
 
Well, it's been almost 4 months since I read this book, so it's about time I reviewed it... 
 
I really liked Linger. Notice I didn't say LOVE like I did with Shiver. This book was good, and I loved listening to it, but I like the first one more. The audio version is great. The young voice actors that read the story are amazing. They switched up the voice of Sam in this novel so now he sounds like a hobbit vs the mentally slow older man that they had for him in the Shiver audio version. It's much better. Sam also sings in this edition. LOVE IT. I did love the Cole/Isable story, this book I think was really about them and Sam and Grace were kind of just side characters. I am looking forward to FOREVER, but I don't think I would have felt too bad if I hadn't read Linger.
That said, though, I really did enjoy the book and would recommend the trilogy to everyone I know.

No comments: