Monday, July 13, 2009

Ugh!

wow, this has been an eventful few days for me and John.
Thursday John had one of his crazy migraine episodes, but this time it included confusion, disorientation and loss of communication ability. So while he was speaking only gibberish we got a ride to the ER in an ambulance again. Thank Goodness for Insurance!
They didn't really do anything for him at the ER other then give him a bunch of drugs that eventually put him to sleep, but he was having a massive anxiety attack as well as being in shock. It was absolutely terrifying. They eventually sent us home once John had relaxed and could speak in full sentences again.
He scared the heck out of me and his family. He said that he was positive that he was going to die.
But he lived through it, and all he has to show for it is complete exhaustion from the combination of the shock and the medication. He's pretty much been sleeping off and on since Thursday night and hasn't been back to work yet.
On top of that, my 13 year-old niece came out to visit from Nashville and she spent the weekend at my house. She's my baby. I hauled that girl around all the time until she was 3 and they moved away from me. I was her nanny.
So I got to keep her entertained for 2 days which was super fun. We went to some museums and out to dinner and had a fantastic girls weekend while John either trailed behind or stayed home to sleep.
And now it's Monday again, and I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I'll get to it. DH stayed home from work again today with express instructions that if he even has an inkling of his numbness or migraine symptoms that he is to call his mother immediately.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Liz.. you and John are in my prayers... Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!
Hope John is feeling better!
Love ya!

Loran said...

I have a question, could John's headaches be caused from his back injury? Maybe his CSF does not drain properly. You should ask.
Love ya both!!!