Friday, January 9, 2009

Why is today so difficult!?

Okay, so today's difficulty isn't really regarding baby, but I'm sure the super hormones I have taken lately sure don't help. I just figured I'd complain about it here instead of on my other blog because my mom tends to call and make sure I haven't blown my top when she reads these rants. I'm fine, really. I'm not feeling too overly depressed today so that's a little bright spot.
First of all, I think I ovulated before I ever started using those stupid OPK's because I have had nearly 2 weeks worth of negatives. And if that's the case then I sure hope that we timed our special hugs right otherwise that last 100mg of Clomid was a waste.
And speaking of 100mg of Clomid. I think it's totally screwed up my cycle. For the first 2 months of 50mg Clomid I was doing good. My cycle was it's regular 31 days and My temperatures all seemed to show ovulation between days 16-18 and I just had some hot flashes and mood swings to deal with. But then I started with 100mg Clomid in November and there is no clear temperature shift on my chart. When I got to day 40 of my cycle with no positive home pregnancy tests I went to the doctor and they did a blood test which was negative so she gave me Progesterone to force my period to start eventually after a 53 day cycle. Then I was given another 100mg Clomid and now I have this stupid OPK issue that is driving me crazy.
I guess if my period doesn't start next week then it's back to the routine of HPT's and waiting. If I have to go back to the doctor this month with no pregnancy I'm supposed to go and see one of the OB/Gyn's and not just the CNM that I have been going to. But my older sister has always told me that when it gets to where I'm actually having a baby I'd want a real doctor anyway. I hate having to go to new OB's it's always a little awkward, but I guess it's not so bad for them because that's what they do all day.
Which leads to the side question of how do you decide that that is the Specialty you want to go into? OB/GYN's, Proctologists, urologists?? I just have never really figured that out.
Anyway the one good thing about the 100mg Clomid is that I haven't had as many hot flashes or mood swings. they're still there of course, just not as bad as they were.
 
That's about all I have for this blog today. So here's to waiting for Aunt Flo to arrive. Bleh.
 
 

No comments: