Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Arrgh!

What is more disappointing then the fact that Grisom is no longer on CSI?
 
Missing the final episode of X-Files Season 2 from your box set!
 
I got the first 3 seasons of the X-Files for Christmas and I love them. I have been watching a couple episodes a day for the past few weeks and I have loved every minute of it. When I came to the end of season 2 I thought it a little odd that the season just kind of ended and there was no season finale or cliff hanger like I remember X-Files having, but I didn't really think much of it until I put in the first disk of season 3 and the episode made no sense. Suddenly, Mulder's dad is dead and Mulder is missing and presumed dead, Skully is being chased and threatened and her sister Melissa is shot in her place and dies, and you see the "committee" for the first time and Skinner is using blackmail and manipulation to get the smoking man to help him.... Yeah, I think I missed something.
 
Turns out that certain printings of the Season 2 Box Set are missing the final episode. It's listed on the case, but is not on the disk.
 
How frustrating is that. But more frustrating is that I looked and looked for a way to contact Fox Entertainment this morning and came up with nothing. I finally started reading others reviews of the box set on Amazon and discovered that my situation is not unique and there are many other people who are missing out on "Anasazi" as well. It was there on the review forums of Amazon.com that I found an email address for Fox to see if I can get this remedied. Turns out that others who have emailed have had their disk replaced so I figured I'd give it a try too. I guess it's time for me to start stalking my mail box to see if this ever really shows up. I hope it does.
 
Here is the email that I sent to foxdrop@4icc.com -
 

Dear Fox,

I received the Second Season of X-Files (Slim Set) recently for my birthday and was disappointed to see that it is missing episode #25 titled Anasazi. It is listed on the back of the case, but is no where on the disk. I have always been a huge X-Files fan and am very sad that the Complete Second Season is not complete at all.  Is there anyway that I can have disk 6 replaced so that I can have the "Complete" season as it was advertised?I would appreciate any help you can provide with this problem. Please send the missing episode to my Attention ...

No comments: