Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Movies for the week

Iron Man - This movie was AWESOME! I loved it. The story was entertaining and funny. There wasn't a overload of villains or too much action like in some of the other super hero movies in the past few years. I found myself really liking Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr wasn't too bad to look at either). After recent events in the Marvel Comic Book Universe "Civil War" Tony Stark aka Iron Man has been painted as the bad guy and the murderer of Captain America and most of what I have heard at my house is the angry ranting of a Captain America fan who once loved Iron Man ... This movie has brought back John's faith that Iron Man isn't all bad, and gave me a glimpse of what kind of a super hero he really is. I like Iron Man. This is a movie that will be purchased and added to the Super Hero collection, and we'll probably be seeing it in the theater again very soon.
 
The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - This was on TV on Saturday night. We really only watched the last hour of it, but it was still an amazing movie. I also just finished reading this book last week and I noticed something when I watched the movie again. . . C.S. Lewis doesn't waist time with a lot of description and doesn't drag out the story. He gets to the point and they live happily ever after. Watching the movie there was a lot that wasn't in the book that they had to add for the adventure aspect of it and to make it feature length. I have a greater appreciation for the world of Narnia after starting the books beginning with the Magician's Nephew. I'm really looking forward to the next few movies about Narnia. I already have my tickets to Prince Caspian and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is in production. I love it!
 
Alien vs. Predator - This was also on Saturday night during channel flipping hour. This movie was so cheesy when we saw it in the theater on opening night, it hasn't gotten better with years. I currently have Alien vs.. Predator II on the DVD player to watch. I'm hoping for a good laugh :)
 
E.T. - I love this movie. It was also on this last Saturday on TV Land. I haven't seen this movie all the way through in years, but even just watching the last hour of it between channel surfing I was reminded that it really is such a good movie and I think it needs to be added to our movie collection.
 
My Super Ex-Girlfriend - This movie sucked. Don't waist your time as I am not wasting anymore of mine describing it.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Saturday night was a movie fest. I love lounge around days!! :)