Thursday, May 8, 2008

more movies??!

Instead of going to the gym and school like we were supposed to John and I stayed home last night and caught up on the movies the NEED to go back to Blockbuster before I own them. Here is what we watched...
 
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem - This movie... hmm what can I say about it? It was good, but bad. It was entertaining yet didn't hold my attention. It was violent and full of action, but stupid character development and lack of good acting skills ... However we do wish that we had seen it in the theater because some of the Aliens/Predator fight scenes would have been great on a big screen. If you like action and violence and Aliens then this is a movie to see, otherwise you could probably just skip it and not miss out on anything.
 
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale - As someone on the internet put it ... Boomerangs, ninjas, and bad acting, Oh My! This movie sucked. It sucked so bad that even Handsome Rob (Jason Statham) couldn't save it. The cast was .. um ...  not so bad but not so good. There was Handsome Rob, Matthew Lillard (Shaggy), Burt Reynolds, John Rhys-Davies (Gimli/Sallah), Ray Liotta. The whole thing was bad, very bad. It had the idea of being a great movie but the acting was bad, the dialogue was bad, the action scenes were bad and who has ninja's in a mid-evil army! That's 2 hours of my life I will never get back. I also learned that the people who made this movie also made the horrible crappy Eragon movie not to long ago.... of I had known that I don't think I would have even tried watching this. Now that I've seen this I can gladly say that I am SO glad that we skipped this for my birthday and paid to see Enchanted instead. ugh!

No comments: