Monday, July 25, 2011

Movies: Action fun.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) - Saw this Monday night in IMAX. It was good. It picks up right away and it's non-stop action all the way throughJust the way I like my movies. I might suggest watching Part 1 before going just to refresh your memory. The CGI was great. I wasn't really impressed by the 3D, but I never am. I guess if you've seen the other seven movies you might as well see this one too. Here's what happens just in case you don't want to see it: Harry Potter dies, and so do all his friends. The End.
 

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - What can I say about this movie... LOVED it. We went into this on Friday night, hoping it would be good, but we came out of it thinking it was AWESOME! We seriously pulled out our phones at dinner after the movie to see when the next showing was that we could make it to. And that's saying  A LOT. We haven't done that for any movie for quite a long time. Yes, we did see it twice this weekend. The movie was just good. The action. The character build. The plot. The actors. There was noting about this movie that I can complain about. We highly recommend it... in fact, if you go, invite us. We'll gladly go again. I hope they make a sequel, and not just the Avenger's movie.... and speaking of... don't forget to sit through the credits. You wont be disappointed.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Allen and I saw Captain America on Friday for Allen's b-day. I should have read this first and we could have invited you, although we went during the day so you might have been at work. We also liked it, although Allen said he liked Thor better. We are looking forward to the Avengers after all Joss is directing it.