Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Movies: Our Weekend in Films

Legendary Assassin (2008) - This movie wasn't full of the legendary assassin-ness that we were hoping for. I think this was added to our blockbuster queue when we were looking for another ninja assassin movie and was just never removed. We watched it anyway. There was very little action and the over-dubbing was terrible. I don't know if it would have been more interesting if we had watched it in its original Cantonese. As it was, we didn’t enjoy it, but we did sit through the entire thing.

 

Crocodile Dundee II (1988) – I think I have tried watching this movie several times over the years, but I always only manage to see the end. This time… I saw most of it. I think I still missed the first 45 minutes or so, but probably didn’t miss anything. This is just another cheesy 80’s movie that is watched for the nostalgia, and not for the great content.

 

The Shakiest Gun in the West (1968) – We didn’t actually get to finish watching this movie since life invaded out lounge time, but what we saw we enjoyed. There is something to be said about these old movies that have no real violence, language, sex or action, but they incite a laugh every time. Don Knotts is entertaining in this movie as the bumbling Dr. Haywood. Such a great movie. We’ll have to rent it and watch the rest one day.

No comments: