Monday, August 1, 2011

Movies: Nothin' Else to Watch

Empire Records (1995) - This movie wasn't as good as I had been led to believe. It seems like everyone I know who has seen it loved it and recommended it to me... Well, we watched it, and let me just says... I wasn't impressed. It was actually quite boring. It was kind of fun to look back at the world of 1995. The styles, and teenage issues... but didn't I see this all happen before in an episode of Saved by The Bell? I had been hopeful that it would be full of teenage mayhem as the group had to ban together and fix the major issue that was brought up in the first 10 minutes of the movie, ala Ferris Bueller fashion, but it never happened and I was disappointed.
 
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition) (2001) - As always this is a fantastic movie. I love the extended editions for all the extra bits of fun that are put in. We've watched the extended edition so many times now that we have forgotten what's in this that isn't in the other, but when we watch the other it's like there is too much missing. What great movies. Epic in every sense of the word.

1 comment:

ScottBoomer said...

You should try Lucy's new favorite TV show Phineas and Ferb. It keeps her entertained for hours.