Friday, August 26, 2011

Blood Magic

Blood Magic

By Tessa Gratton

 bloodmagic_hires

I don’t know what it is about the Paranormal YA genre lately, but I have loved reading all of these books that have a touch of something magical in them.

This is the story of two teenagers who are a little more than slightly damaged by the acts of their parents. They’re drawn together by the use of magic. Blood Magic, to be exact. Nick has hidden memories of his mother, and Silla is just learning things about her father. Together they have to discover what is wrong with their families and what they need to do to make sure everyone is safe.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t get this as an audio book to listen to at work, so it took me a little longer to actually read than it would have if I’d just listened to it… but it was worth it. I loved the story line. I loved finding out little hidden things about the characters. I was surprised when my hypothesis was incorrect and the twist in the plot that made me says “hmmm.” I admit that I cried a little at the end.

I really loved this book. I'll recommend it to anyone who is looking for a little entertainment and doesn't mind a little dark magic.

Blood Magic is the first novel by Tessa Gratton. The book was recommended to me by Maggie Stiefvater, author of Shiver and Linger, who is one of Ms. Gratton's critique partners, along with Brenna Yavanoff (author of The Replacement). The three of them make up the members of the Merry Sisters of Fate website. (Where one of these three people post a new short story on Mondays. They're fun to read.)

No comments: