Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Strangely Silent

I'm sure many of you have noticed that I have been strangely silent for the month of October... What is my reasoning? Well, I have been SUPER busy at work. I have taken over the Altius Health Plan as their Lead Credentialing Coordinator so yes, I now know all the dirt about your doctors (unless you don't live in Utah) It's fun being a Plan Lead again, and I am so grateful that this plan is so easy to work with. Busy work load and very detail oriented, but at least my contact at the plan is friendly, nice, and very helpful.
So yeah, that's the main excuse for not keeping up this blogging thing. What else happened last month... hmmm.
Halloween was fun. I hosted a Halloween party at my friend Holly's house for all her friends because John and I don't have any. I mean sure we have friends, but everyone else has kids so they don't hang out with us much anymore, and the ones who don't have kids just don't hang out anymore. It's like we have leprosy or something. People don't even call us anymore. (well, except for John and Angie... but they're just awesome to begin with.)
Oh well, but while we're on the topic of people calling - John and I have decided to get rid of our home phone. When? soon. It's really just a matter of notifying the proper people and disconnecting. Why? because we could use the extra money and no one calls us but our mothers anyway. So keep an eye out for that notification and be assured that you can call us on our cell phones.
October literally just vanished, and I really have no recollection of what has gone on in the past 31 days. Our schedule is work, eat, school, sleep and then we do it all again. We skipped out on Canadian Thanksgiving this year there was no one to  have it with and we didn't even go out for a turkey dinner. :(  That is the first time in 6 years that we haven't done SOMETHING to commemorate the day.
Church is church. October is always nice because there is General Conference one week and Stake Conference another week so we only had to teach our Sunday school class once during the month. But we'll be making up for it this month by teaching an extra class so we can switch weeks with our team teachers for the week we are out visiting.
We saw "Thriller" that was put on by the Odyssey Dance Theater at Kingsbury Hall, with Lari and Scott. I have now decided that I like Ballet, I like Ballroom Dancing, I like River Dance, Feet of Flames, Tap dancing... but I DO NOT like interpretive dance. Ack! It was 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. Now don't get me wrong, the people who were performing did a fantastic job and I'm sure they worked very hard on their performances. And we are so glad that Lari & Scott invited us, it's fun hanging out with my favorite little sister once in a while.
What else?  ... nothing that I can really remember. I guess we'll just have to make November more memorable, what with trips to Washington, visiting family and New Kids on the Block concert tickets. it's bound to be a winner.

1 comment:

EmandZachsmom said...

YAY tickets!!! I am SO excited to be going with you!!