Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Books are friends not food

The Last Battle (The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 7) by C.S. Lewis
 
Now that I have finished reading this book I really just don't know what to say about it. It was so hard to get into in the first 100 pages until the children showed up... and then after that... meh.
 
I didn't enjoy this as much as the others. I thought that the LAST BATTLE would be full of war, or at least a BIG battle like in the Chronicles of Narnia where at least ALL the animals and men got to fight for their freedom. But this book with was just the Prince, Eustace, Jill, a unicorn, and a stupid donkey that could do anything for himself. I was disappointed to say the least.
 
And the End?! what was up with that? Such a lame ending to a wonderful series of books. I think I'm just going to strike the last 2 books out of Existence and just be happy with the story ending at the end of Dawn Treader.
 
Quoting someone named Chris on GoodReads.com he said:
 
"And so we must simply be content in knowing that Narnia endures, and always will endure. And that, one day, we will stand on its mountaintops, look out over its endless plains and oceans, and we too shall endure."
 
I agree completely Narnia will just go on and it's all okay.

No comments: