Monday, November 17, 2008

Lets Get This!!

Okay. So Saturday night November 15, 2008 was the New Kids on the block concert at the E-Center in SLC. I just have one word to say about it……. AWESOME!


I went to the concert with two of the most excellent cousins a girl could ask for Jenn & Alesha! They were nuts and were quite a source of entertainment for me during the night.

The concert was very fun and I'm so glad that I decided to go. I wasn't 100% sure that I wanted to go all the way up to and through the opening acts, but when the real show started I was so glad I was there. It was AWESOME. Just thinking about it makes me smile. John has mocked me for the past 2 days because I have a New Kids compilation CD in the car, but I don't care. He can mock me all he wants because I love the New Kids! Here is where I inject a girlish “Eeeeeeeeeeee!!” squeal because seeing them in concert was like being 12 again and being totally enraptured by Joey-Joe McIntyre and the music. It was nice to just let go and be a squeally teenager for the night, dancing right alongside all of the other 30-something housewives that were there.

By the time the concert was over we were all high on love and the adrenaline of such an excellent show. We giggled incessantly and couldn’t stop shouting at each other because none of us could here. We all sounded like we had been sucking helium. While waiting in the parking lot to get out I started a game of count the minivans, but I only counted to five before breaking down into a fit of giggles.

Needless to say it was worth the $20 I paid for my ticket... If I had known it was going to be so great I would have paid so much more.

Pictures coming later. They're not the greatest, but you'll get the idea.


New Kids On The Block 2008 Tour Set List
1. Single
2. My Favorite Girl
3. You Got It (The Right Stuff)
4. Medley:
Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Valentine Girl
5. Please Don't Go Girl
6. Grown Man
7. Games
8. If You Go Away
9. 2 In The Morning
10. Dirty Dancing
11. Tonight
12. Twisted
13. Baby I Believe In You
14. Give It To You (Jordan Solo)
15. Stay The Same (Joey Solo)
16. Cover Girl
17. I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
18. Click Click Click
19. Summertime
20. Encore:
Step By Step (contains excerpts from Push It)
Hangin' Tough (contains excerpts from We Will Rock You)


7 comments:

Michelle said...

You know, I totally hated the New Kids when they were cool. But I would have loved to see them. It is always fun to pretend that we aren't as old as we really are.

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit this, but i may be a little jealous. I have a soft spot for NKOTB. I listen to them in my car once in a while.

Anonymous said...

And now I finally understand the picture on your previous post!! =)

EmandZachsmom said...

Yes LETS GET THIS!!! Saturday night was SOO much fun! Thanks for entertaining me and letting me play with Betty..(i can't remember her real name) I still giggle thinking about all that happened and I am so glad that you were apart of it.
The most awesomeness of nights!
I heart NKOTB!!

Alesha said...

I had so much fun with you guys at the concert! I'm so glad we could go and have fun together! I heart Jordan!

Becky said...

What Fun! That would have been a fun night.

Loran said...

I am glad that you girls had fun! Never did listen to them and really don't know any of their songs, so I know I would have never had as much fun as you girls did. Yah for you all!