Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More Movies

Identity - This was more of a psychological thriller then a good "Halloween" move. There was plenty of blood though and not too much stupid. The basic plot is that 10 people are all brought to a motel in the middle of nowhere on a stormy night and then people start to die. The basis is that you have to figure out who is doing it and what's really going on. The movie wasn't to bad I'm going to give it a vote of "Okay".
 
CreepShow - A classic from my childhood. Sometimes I really wonder how I saw so many horror flicks as a kid... but then I remember who my brothers are. The Creepshow is one of my favorites. It's so cheesy and campy that it's hard not to laugh at. There are 5 short stories all with violent outcomes. The first is about a demented old man returning from the grave to get the Father's Day cake his murdering daughter never gave him. The second is about a not-too-bright farmer discovering a meteor that turns everything into plant-life. The third is about a vengeful husband burying his wife and her lover up to their necks on the beach. The fourth is about a creature that resides in a crate under the steps of a college. The final story is about an ultra-rich businessman who gets his comeuppance from cockroaches. And over all there is the boy and his voodoo doll getting his revenge on his father for throwing out his comic book. I LOVE IT!
 
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - This movie really isn't as good as I remember it being as a kid. It's been a long time since I had actually watched this movie and John and I have decided that Charlie Brown is depressing. All the stories and comics are just a bout a poor boy who never got anything right and nobody liked him. How depressing is that!? John and I voted and it has been decided that we shall not watch this movie again and we will just stick with the Robot Chicken version where the great pumpkin does come and all those horrible little children get what they deserve... mwaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

No comments: