Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Husband

The Husband
by Dean Koontz
 
Sometimes I just need to listen to my husband when he says "If you're not interested in a book or think it's dumb within the first 100 pages it's okay to stop reading it."

This book I plodded through because I hate leaving books unread if I start them. I hear that this book is really good and it's a quick read and so interesting and Dean Koontz is such a great author... um... I'm just going to say I was unimpressed.

the story was too descriptive for me, the names of plants, the phases of the moon, the color of blood dead guy here, dead guy there. Too much!
 
I'll admit that the story was okay I didn't truly mind reading the parts about Mitch (the main character) but when the author diverged to Holly's (the wife) point of view he lost me.

I'm not a big reader of suspense and realistic novels I prefer to live in the fantasy worlds that other books offer. I think this is the first suspense novel I have read since I was a pre-teen and Nancy Drew.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then you may as well pass on the other books I gave you because I thought that one was the best. The others are a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo and you'll probably trudge through them just like I did not really impressed. The best out of the bunch is The Testament (I think that's the one anyway...and it's only good because you watch a bunch of spoiled kids not get what they expect from their dad's will, after the first couple chapters it's old). Either way, I liked the Dean Koonz book better than the John Grisham's.

Geoffrey said...

The testamant is one of the best books i've ever read......

and the husband is much better than his "odd" series