Friday, August 1, 2008

boy, do I know how to pick 'um ...

A Walk To Remember
 
Lets just say this was the cheesiest movie I have seen in a long time. It surpasses the "Chick Flick" mark and goes into the territory of absurd religious preaching. This movie was loaned to me by a lady at work because I had mentioned one day that I had no idea who Mandy Moore was. I still don't. So I watched it because I had passed it by on rental store shelves for years.
 
Spoilers Ahead ...
 
After starting the film I realized that this is a movie that is usually shown on Saturday afternoons on the ION channel but we have always just seen the end or some random part in the middle that really made no sense without watching the rest.
 
This is the story of a bad boy who gets caught doing bad things and then has to do all sorts of community service and ends up in the high school spring play as punishment and he is constantly being thrown together with the preachers daughter and he turns his life around and turns into a good person because he has fallen for her. During the whole movie the silly bible girl has this list of things she'd like to do in her life and boy helps her accomplish many in the course of them falling in love one of her goals is to witness a miracle... well it turns out that she has leukemia and is dying but they get married and live happily ever after until of course she dies and the boy goes to her father years later and says "I'm sorry Jamie didn't get her miracle" and the father pauses for dramatic effect and then says "She did, You were her miracle" and then tears and hugging ensue and there is joy and praises yada yada yada.
 
I could have just gagged! I don't know how I sat through the whole thing, let alone stayed awake through it.
 
Watch it if you want to, but I'm not recommending it to anyone. This movie gets an UGH! vote from me.
 

No comments: