Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Breaking Dawn (Twilight Series Book 4)

What a stupid ending. ugh!
 
I'd actually only give this book 2 1/2 stars out of 5.
 
I enjoyed reading it because I cared what happened to the characters and needed resolution... but to get it that way... I really might as well have been reading a trashy romance novel for all the plot, thought and sex that goes into it.
 
Honestly I just couldn't wrap my head around such nonsense (and believe me I deal with a lot of nonsense) to even have the ending be close to good enough.
 
I'm sickened that EVERYONE gets a happy ending, except Irina of course, but no one was attached or liked her anyway. I think that even fiction should have some reflection of real life, and as Bella pointed out in Twilight, "Life is not fair" so why should everyone get what they want in the end.
 
I think the whole book sounded like Stephenie Meyer read all the fan fiction that people have put out there and mashed it all together. I think I have read ALL those story lines on fan websites.
 
That is all I will say about this book.

No comments: