Tuesday, January 25, 2011

NINE YEARS

John and Elizabeth Evans
Bountiful LDS Temple, January 25, 2002


Nine years ago today I married the most amazing man in the world. We have been through a lot together in the last 9 years that I don’t think a lot of people ever have to deal with in their first few years of marriage (or maybe they do and I just don't know it...) Unemployment, depression, disappointments, deaths of close personal friends and family, strange neurological diseases, multiple car accidents… and several other things. Our marriage hasn’t been easy, but really who’s ever is. But the one thing that has gotten me through all of this is having John beside me. I truly did marry my best friend. Sure, life isn’t perfect all the time and there are those days when there is just nothing to say to each other, but even those quiet moments are nice, as long as we’re together.

I just know that I love John more deeply now than I did the day I married him. He is my sunshine in my darkest moments. I love his faults and his strengths. I love his lights and his darks. I love how he sleeps and I love him when he is awake. I love the sound of his voice and his presence in the silence. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t miss him when he’s gone or touch him when he’s near. I must truly be one of the luckiest girls in the world.

Thank you for marrying me John.


He is the half part of a blessed man,
Left to be finished by such a she;
And she a fair divided excellence,
Whose fullness of perfection lies in him.
William Shakespeare - Act II - Hubert, scene ii

2 comments:

ScottBoomer said...

Congratualtions Liz & John.
You two are perfect for each other.
I am so blessed to get to be apart of your family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love that bottom picture- it is very beautiful! I am glad you two are so happy!
~Carrie