Friday, July 23, 2010

I know you don't understand why my heart is sorry now...

Fairweather Johnson

    Hootie & the Blowfish

 

Be the One

Sad Caper

Tucker's Town

She Crawls Away

So Strange

Old Man & Me

Earth Stopped Cold at Dawn

Fairweather Johnson

Honeyscrew

Let It Breathe

Silly Little Pop Song

Fool

Tootie

When I'm Lonely

 

 

Release Date: April 23, 1996

Hootie & the Blowfish was quintessential listening for the preppy girl back while I was in high school. although I wasn't a preppy, I did enjoy listening to Hootie. I love Hootie & the Blowfish, I usually end up listening to this when I'm in one of those reflective moods that needs a soft backbeat. When I listen to this CD now days it reminds me of a lot of high school experiences. Most good, some bad, and a large majority of them involving Lagoon, boys and my sister. They all make me smile now that I'm older.  I choose Fairweather Johnson as my favorite Hootie CD because it has the songs I love, that I listen to the most. I also own Cracked Rear View, but I don't listen to that one as much.

I saw them live once, at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City. I don't remember the year, but I was with Norm and Jessica, and we were on the floor, all they way at the back on the right side. Live is always the best (unless a band sucks live.)

 

My most favorite song on this disk is Tootie. Why do I love this song so much? I'm not really sure, I love the music. I love the mournful tone of Darius Rucker's voice. I love the sound of the cello. And when preformed live it is played on a silver guitar.

 

Other favorites on this album:
Tucker's Town

She Crawls Away

Earth Stopped Cold at Dawn

Let It Breathe

When I'm Lonely

 

I hate to admit that this is the last CD I bought from this band, even though my Googling today showed me that there were a few others that came out after and that I missed. It's one of my short comings, I love something, and I obsess over it for a few days or a few years, and then I move on and fall short on my follow-up even though I love something so much.

I hear Darius is a country singer now... I may have to give him a listen.

No comments: