Friday, May 14, 2010

do you believe in life after love?

I didn't think I was a Cher fan until we sat and watched the Farewell Concert on TV one night back in 2003. Then I NEEDED to purchase this album. (it was a must, must!)
 
  1. Believe
  2. If I Could Turn Back Time
  3. Heart Of Stone
  4. Just Like Jesse James
  5. Save Up All Your Tears
  6. After All (Love Theme From Chances Are - Duet With Peter Cetera
  7. I Found Someone
  8. One By One (Junior Vasquez Vocal Edit)
  9. Strong Enough
  10. All Or Nothing
  11. Song For The Lonely
  12. Take Me Home
  13. The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
  14. All I Really Want To Do
  15. Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
  16. Half Breed
  17. Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves
  18. Dark Lady
  19. The Beat Goes On - Sonny & Cher
  20. I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher
  21. A Different Kind Of Love Song (Rodney Jerkins main mix (faster)) 
It was amazing to me that so many song that I had loved but never really cared to know the artist all belonged to Cher. I was looking at the track listings to see what a few of my favorite songs were to highlight here, but I realize, that I have listened to this album so much that they are all my favorite songs. But if I had to choose... I'll make a Top 5 list.
 
5. After All
4. If I could Turn Back Time
3. Believe
2. Strong Enough
1. Song for the Lonely
 
wow, that list was hard to choose, I was almost going to add some honorable mentions, but I thought that would just be absurd since I just said that they are all my favorites. I will say, that the song on this album that gets stuck in my head the most is "Gypsies, Tramps, & Thieves" which is rather annoying at times (I have also discovered that I love the Lisa Loeb version of Gypsies Tramps & Thieves, but Lisa is just so cute how can you not like her music.) I absolutely recommend this album to those looking for some good music. Cher really is pretty awesome.
 

No comments: