Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Movies

Flash Gordon (1980) - This movie was awesome! okay... so it was really campy and cheesy, but I loved it. It will go up there on my list next to Logan's Run. It was so far a head of it's time and the idea of the whole thing was great they were just limited by the special effects of 1980. The action was good, the dialog could have been better, but what do you expect from a movie that is almost 29 years old. I think that if they were to remake this movie I'll watch it. This is rated PG and is a "Family Friendly" movie. There is no nudity, no sex, and only a very small amount of violence so if your looking for that pick a different movie this one is just good for that si-fi laugh.
 
Blue Harvest - This is the Star Wars: A New Hope episode of The Family Guy. Begrudgingly I will admit that we watch Family Guy at my house. There are so many episodes that are so funny, but along with that there are so many that are so totally offensive that you have to look away and questions why you haven't changed the channel. This Star Wars episode was so funny! John and I both agree that it (meaning all the episodes) would be so much better without the pedophile old man who is Obi-Wan Kenobi. He is just creepy and gross and he wouldn't be missed. The rest of the cast is great though I often found myself laughing hysterically at the absurdity of it all. Id recommend this movie to those Star Wars fans that aren't easily offended.
 
Clue - This movie is a classic. It is one of John's favorites and has become one of mine as well. I had never actually seen this movie until I was married and I can't count how many times I have seen it since. There are so many one liners in this movie and it's fun to watch and try to figure out who did what and who was missing when and try to put it all together before "The Butler" gives it away at the end. The DVD has a nice feature that allows you to choose to watch it with all three endings (the original way) or just one surprise ending selected at random. We always watch it with all three endings it's more fun that way. But it is a great movie that I think everyone should love and have as part of their collection.
 
 

3 comments:

Nametag Museum said...

You sure have great taste in movies!

This has been a message from one of your former neighbors (the crazy guy who lives in North Street Apartment #2)

Chandler M. said...

Hey. At the library they have some book about the wheel of time that goes into details about all the stuff. I'm still waiting for book three. Should I get this other one?

Unknown said...

The answer to your question is... Why not. The World of the Wheel of time covers a lot of information within the first 6 books and talks about the other characters and cultures that are introduced as well as the Forsaken and who is who and where they are up to that point. Again it goes up to book 6. I bought it while I was waiting for book 7 to come out. It is very good. But if you chose to read it don't just think you know everything and skip over 3-6 got that. :) I do own this book (and all 11 others) if only you didn't live in a different state you wouldn't have to wait for the library to get them for you. Maybe I'll just give you $10 and you can go out and buy the next book...