Thursday, March 29, 2012

Eating with Liz 2012 - Crispy Panko Chicken

Food. Yep, we eat it at our house. This is something we ate last night:

 

Crispy Panko Chicken

2 servings

 

⅓ c Panko breadcrumbs

3 T shredded Parmesan

(2 t olive oil, ¼ t salt, ⅛ t pepper,

2 T Dijon mustard, 1 T water)

½ lb chicken breast meat, pound thin

 

In a shallow dish, toss together Panko, cheese, olive oil, salt & pepper. In another dish, combine mustard, & water. Coat chicken breasts in mustard mixture & dredge in Panko mix. Bake on a sprayed baking sheet 25 – 30 min @ 400 or until golden brown.

 

 

Wild Rice

6 oz box Uncle Ben's long grain & wild rice

Prepare rice as directed.

 

Cantaloupe

2 c diced cantaloupe, serve on the side

 

 

FYI - Panko crumbs are made by Kikkoman. I can't remember if I found them in the isle with the Asian food, or in the isle with the flour/bread crumbs. It was definitely in one of those two places.

 

What I did different…

 

I actually doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers for lunch. Not really any extra work, but let me just say, it was pretty good the second time around too.

 

I did not pound out my chicken. I just left the breasts round and plump like I found them. I don't know that it would have made that much of a difference.

 

Dredged the chicken through flour before the coating in mustard. This helps the mustard stay on better.

 

Rice-A-Roni – yeah, that's what I used. What do you want to make of it? It's what was on sale.  I followed the microwave instructions, and happily the rice, with very little effort on my part was done about the same time the chicken was.

 

We didn't eat cantaloupe. John doesn't like it and there wasn't any in the house.

 

I <3 eMeals

No comments: