Friday, February 4, 2011

I finished a project.

Look at my afghan

I made this with my new found talent of crocheting. Isn't it cute. It took me a month to make working on it here and there when John was otherwise occupied. I had a lot of fun making it, but there were some frustrating moments when I'd lose count and I was too annoyed to pull out the stitches and go back and fix the issues. I know I can see the mistakes, but I'm sure that no one else will be scrutinizing it as closely as I do. The next step it so decide what I'm going to do with it. Will it go in my box of baby-stuff-that-will-never-be-used, or should I give it to someone else. Hmmm.
I've started on a new one that uses a different stitch. It's a alternating pattern of single crochet and double crochet. This next one should be fun to try to make work. I was given a bunch of yarn from my mother-in-law that once belonged to Grandma Evans. It's all some dated colors: Brown, green, off-white, and orange-yellow-white-reddish variegated colors. I think I need to go buy some orange yarn to make up the fie skeins that the pattern calls for. I think I started it out with my stitches being tight, but I guess I'll just have to live with it and try to loosen up a little. Who knows I may have to undo the eight or so rows I have already done. Or not. I'll let you know how it turns out in a few months.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

It looks great! When you said you could see the mistakes I was really surprised because it looks perfect.
It is such a good feeling to finish stuff, especially fun stuff.

Gretchen said...

A month is really impressive. I think that the one I am doing is bigger, but I am going on three years, and I am not even halfway. I can't wait to see your next one

Unknown said...

well, I can't see the mistakes in the picture, but I can see them on the actual blanket. Like I said, no one else will be looking at it as closely as me.

And Thank you. it is awfully cute. :)

and with no kids and no life I find plenty of time to work on it.

M.O.M. said...

I started an afgan, oh, about 13 years ago. Do you remember it? My stress blanket.. well.. it still is in a bag in the closet. Just waiting. Not that I haven't had enough stress to work on it just not enough time.