Monday, December 29, 2008

Books for Christmas

All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire 
by Kerrelyn Sparks
 
I laughed so hard when I opened this book on Christmas Eve. I said "Oh my gosh, you got me a smut novel" and my sister-in-law said "no I didn't" but upon closer inspection, yes, in fact she did buy me a smut novel.
This is the first I have read in many years and lets just say it reminded me of why I really don't read them. First of all it's about this Scottish vampire who is seeking true love, then you throw in a girl who is trying to prove that vampires exists in order to bust her best friend out of the mental institution that her crazy uncle put her in so he could inherit her 85 million dollars so she got a job working for the vampires in order to find her proof thus meeting the drop-dead gorgeous Scotsman... Add to that a shape shifting gay neighbor and some evil vampires and some sex and :POOF: you've got yourself the makings of a smut novel.
On the whole it's okay. I mean it can't have been that bad for me to have ready it completely in like 2 days because that hardly ever happens lately. And it made me laugh at how absurd the whole plot was, but for a romance novel I think it may have been one of the better ones I have read.
 
All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love At Stake Series, Book 5)

No comments: