Friday, June 22, 2012

Sew What?

So, I think I want to learn how to sew. It’s been on my mind for a while and I think I need to get started or I’ll never get to it.

 

I guess “learning” to sew is the wrong thing to say. I know how to sew. I took a sewing class in 8th grade. I can sew pillows, and blankets, and drawstring bags. I can darn a sock and hand sew a quilt. Attach a button, and I can even repair holes in pants… But I have never been able to master the art of clothing. This is what I want to do.

 

I want to wear the dresses that I see on Modcloth.com, but I want them just a little longer. And with sleeves. And in my size… Is that too much to ask.

 

Also….

 

My dear friend Sabrina Peart has an Etsy store and sells some really cute things. She's super talented and willing to take special orders. Check out her store here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbrina ...

 

Also, Also, she was interviewed for a blog where she talks about her stuff and her passion (and she drops my name – does that make me famous?) Click on this blog link and check her out. Seriously, click this link. http://www.budgetblonde.com/2012/06/follow-your-dreams-build-store-learn.html

No comments: