Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Eating with Liz 2012 - Rosemary Pork Loin Chops


It has been a while since I have posted anything of real value on my blog. Oh well, it's summer time and I'd rather be on vacation, or lounging in a hammock in my back yard… but unfortunately I have stuff that needs to be done, plus work every day, and holidays, and weddings and life… yep, it's a busy time, but I'm loving it.
Here is a recipe we tried out this last week that we really enjoyed.

Rosemary Pork Loin Chops
6 servings

2 t fresh chopped rosemary
1 T minced garlic
1 t salt
½ t pepper
1 ½ lbs pork loin chops

Blend rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper into a paste and rub over both sides of the pork chops. Broil for 3 – 4 min on each side or until done.

Roasted Carrots
6 servings

2 lbs carrots, peeled & sliced
1 T minced garlic
2 T olive oil

Combine carrots, garlic & oil; place in a baking dish. Bake 40 min @ 375 or until done.

What did I do differently… ?

Well, first of all I made this for 2 instead of for 6 as the recipe suggests.
I sprinkled some Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper directly on to the chops. Next I chopped up the fresh rosemary and covered the chops with the cuttings and then rubbed it all in together. Flip, repeat.  No extra mixing bowl needed.
I did broil these in the oven, but being summer I thought it would be wise to throw these on the grill outside. Maybe next time. They were really tasty and super moist with the high fast cooking time.
Definitely a keeper.

Where did I get the recipe? www.emeals.com. If you're interested in signing up for their services use the icon below to link to their site and I get a little kick back towards my subscription price.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS


No comments: