Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's been a little while since I highlighted one of my real life heroes. Tonight I'm going to feature a man who was only in my life for a very short time, but has made a world of difference to me.
This is my friend Joe. He was an Elder in the Washington DC south Mission when we met. his personality and smile endeared him to me, but his spirit and his words bonded us together.
I recently had a run in with Joe on a social networking site. I don't think I have really talked to him in years, but as we exchanged pleasantries and news about life my heart was reminded of why he is so important to me. Joe has a way of putting the world into perspective and reminding me that I am better then I think I am. So to Joe (who I'm sure isn't going to read this) I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and thank you for reminding me that the spirit can shine through my eyes.

No comments: