Thursday, March 28, 2013

You must attend one of my candlelit suppers!

This past Saturday I hosted the first (of what I hope is many) Candlelit Suppers. It was a fantastic evening spent with friends. Jacob & Becky Shapiro attended as well as Logan Brand and Jamie Clark.

It is always fun to practice my etiquette skills. John set the table for us. It was beautiful:


I love having a reason to use my beautiful dishes and the glass glasses.

We had Appetizers and cocktails that included:

Ritz Crackers
Melba Toast

Beverages:

The menu was as follows:

Menu
March 23, 2013

Salad

Main Course
Fresh Bread

Roasted Carrots

Dessert

Dinner was delicious (if I may say so myself.) Almost everything on the menu was something that I had never made before so it was an adventure.


I had meant to take a picture of the 6 of us at dinner, but I forgot. The cameras were sitting out on the coffee table, but apparently that wasn’t enough to remind me. Oh well. Learn from my mistakes.

It was nice having a formal dinner in.
I love cooking for others and trying new things.
I’m really glad I did this.

The next one is in May. I have already planned the menu and am pretty sure about who will be invited. I can’t wait to do it all again.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love that one of the appetizers was called Amazing White Trash Puff Balls. They sound delicious and the name is hilarious. I'm glad the dinner went well!

Unknown said...

they were yummy.