Friday, July 13, 2012

Eating With Liz 2012 - MoJo Marinade


Truth is… I actually never got to try this. However, everyone at my 4th of July BBQ really liked it, and some liked it enough to ask for the recipe. Here it is:
MoJo Marinade         

½ cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 T Fresh Lime Juice
2 T Soy Sauce
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 T Minced Garlic
½ t Hot Pepper Sauce
½ t Ground Cumin
¼ t Kosher Salt
¼ t Ground Black Pepper

Mix completely. Marinade for at least 1 hour.

Good on beef, pork, chicken, fish or vegetables.
~*~

What I did Different:

Frozen Orange Juice concentrate. No, I don't thaw it. I just toss it in as it is.
Lime Juice from the little green bottle in my fridge.
Used Freeze Dried Minced Garlic.
Tabasco Sauce for "Red Pepper Sauce" it may be the same thing, but I have no clue. I just added a few shakes since I know a lot of people aren't spicy fans.

Put all ingredients in a 1 gallon Ziploc Bag and squish/shake together. Add meat (or whatever) and let marinate for at least 1 hour.

No comments: