This is what I made for dinner last night. It was really good. And with just me and John to eat it I have 2 more servings each of leftovers. Nom Nom Nom!
I found it on this website: www.tuscanrecipes.com
I followed the recipe pretty much exactly... I did only use 1 tsp of Crushed Red Peppers because neither of us do well with spicy food. Other than that this recipe is perfect as is. Enjoy!
Makes: 6-8 servings
o 1 lb ground Italian sausage
o 1½ tsp crushed red peppers
o 1 large diced white onion
o 4 Tbsp bacon pieces
o 2 tsp garlic puree
o 10 cups water
o 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
o 1 cup heavy cream
o 1 lb sliced Russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes
o ¼ of a bunch of kale
1. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic over low-medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until the onions are soft.
3. Add chicken bouillon and water to the pot and heat until it starts to boil.
4. Add the sliced potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
5. Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in the sausage and the kale, let all heat through and serve. Delicious!