Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our movie watching

The Dungeonmaster (1984) - This movie also goes by the title of Ragewar. We watched this movie on the "THIS Network" this channel is full of interesting movies. I don't know why I had to watch it, but I stayed awake until 11 pm on a work night just so I could see the ending. So campy. The movie doesn't really explain much of anything so you have to make up the rest of the story and figure out what's going on without much help from what's going on. But for the most part this super intelligent fellow has a computer built into his head and a girl friend who he doesn't pay attention to. Then this wizard comes along, or maybe he was the devil, and pulls the two of them into a dream world and the fellow has to overcome seven tasks with the help of only his computer in order win his girl back. If you have ever heard the line: "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" ... well, it comes from this movie.
 
Bridge to Terabithia (2007) - This movie was terribly sad. I hadn't expected that. I didn't know anything about the book/story before stumbling across this movie on TV, and let me just tell you, if you don't know what it's about, and you're a sap like me, then you should probably have some tissues (or long sleeves) handy before watching this movie. A boy gets a new friend, and they share a wonderful adventure full of imagination, excitement, and sadness. It is very kid friendly. It teaches about loss, about family, friends, imagination and to "keep your mind wide open."
 
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) - I know I covered this movie not too long ago when we actually saw it in the theater, but it really is just that good. I now own it in my personal collection. I'm not much of a Nicolas Cage fan, but the movie was good despite him. If you haven't seen it yet I suggest you watch it with you family today.
 
Planet 51 (2009) - This movie was quite enjoyable. An astronaut lands on an alien planet and suddenly he is the alien being hunted by the military. It was cute and funny and definitely one you could show your kids.
 
Tangled (2010) - This is a Disney movie. And let me say how nice it is to watch a musical movie with an original soundtrack. Some of songs were quite cheesy, but as a whole, I loved this movie. It even got me crying here and there. It is the story of Rapunzel so there really was nothing too surprising, and the characters were great.
 
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) - I loved this movie! I have been so excited as I waited for this to come out. I love the Chronicles of Narnia and all the adventures that ensue in this world of wonder. In this one Lucy and Edmond and their cousin Eustace go to Narnia and meet up with Caspian for a sea going voyage. They go to several islands on a quest and meet evils and have to learn things about themselves along the way. I love Reepicheep, I think he is my favorite character from the movie but the entire cast is great. This is a very family friendly movie. There may be a bit of scary for the kids at the end, but for the most part its fun for all ages. And now I'll share a bit of advice I received before I went to see this movie, "Bring Tissues" trust me. if you're a sap you'll need them.

No comments: